Yes, in most cases the requesting party in the country you will be using the document will provide you with it in the native language. This happens because documents containing a foreign language are usually governed by the laws of the country in which they will be used. Before explaining, it is important to know that if your document contains a language other than our two official languages, English and French, Global Affairs Canada Authentication Services Section has an extra requirement. Global Affairs Canada requires that you provide a notarized translation in either English or French that has been certified by a Canadian translator and notarized by a Canadian Notary. Now that they have authenticated your document it is ready for legalization at the embassy. Depending on the country the embassy may have extra requirements that have to be provided before your document can be legalized. As Embassy requirements change ofter for various documents, it is best to speak with one of our experts to ensure that your document is prepared for legalization.

Categories: ALSC FAQ's, Questions about the Authentication and Legalization Process?