The right to individual privacy is a matter our firm takes very seriously. Please be assured that the private information provided by our clients or collected by our staff about our clients is held in the strictest confidence. Further to that Global Document Solutions (GDS) complies with Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”).
Upon the completion of our services your personal information that was required to fulfill your request for service will be returned to you or will be destroyed by our office. Individuals who complete one of our online request for service applications and do not follow up with our office after our agent has made attempts to contact you to confirm or move forward with the service the information and material provided in your application and supplied by you will be destroyed after 30 days. Our firm denies all requests by others for the sharing of any information about our clients but please note that we may be obliged to observe any court orders that may require us to do so.
At any time you may enquire as to the information we may have collected on your behalf. In addition to this we have implemented procedures that will ensure that this information is not being released to another party. Our in firm computer systems have been equipped with the necessary software and operating systems to ensure the safety of our clients information.
1. GDS only collects personal information when you give it to us voluntarily, for example, by filling out a form or survey.
2.GDS does not sell or lend your information to any third-party marketing group.
3. We may gather information about traffic on our web site so that we can continue to develop the site to better suit your needs. This does not include personal information about you, but includes information about your visit on the site such as:
- The name of your Internet service provider, its IP address and the name of your service provider's service.
- The length of each visit.
- The number of requests per visit.
- Your type of operating system (Windows, MacIntosh, Unix, etc.)
- Your browser type (Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.)
4. Canadians are protected by two federal privacy laws, the Privacy Act and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). PIPEDA is based on the Canadian Standards Association's Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information, which is incorporated into the legislation. Organizations in Quebec are subject to the Quebec private sector privacy law. Oversight of the law is in the hands of the Commission d'accès à l'information.